April Gardening Ideas
13th April 2019
April is one of the busiest months of the year in the garden. There are seeds to be sown, lawns to be mowed, shrubs to be pruned, vegetables to plant and plants to be feed.
Things to do in April:
- Cut your grass. Your lawn will require mowing from now on. Keep the blades of your lawnmower high for the first few cuts.
- Feed your lawn with a good lawn feed, weed and moss killer.
- Re-seed any bald patches in your lawn.
- Pot up young seedlings.
- Sow your vegetable garden if you haven’t already done so.
- Summer Cabbage
All the above can be planted outdoors.
- Start hardening off bedding plants.
- Fertilise Roses. You can also begin spraying roses for pests and diseases.
- Control plants in your garden using a slow-release fertiliser.
All our stores have all your gardening products, tools and Expert advice.
ASK THE EXPERTS, WE KNOW!