How To Get Rid Of Spiders
9th October 2020
As the cold weather is slowly creeping in, so are spiders into our homes.
Many of you have been experiencing some strange black droplets that are
left behind by our crawly friends, and were shocked to find out that it is
actually “spider poo!!”
To try and keep our eight legged friends out of our homes, we have put
together some hints and tips below.
- Turn off the porch light. When you leave the porch light on, insects
gather on the porch. Spiders follow the insects and end up at the front
door. Eliminate the spiders food source by not attracting bugs in the first
- Reduce Clutter. Spiders find refuge in warm piles of clothing. Keep
clothes neatly hung in the wardrobe and keep the floor as clutter free as
- Keep food tightly sealed. Try not to attract other pests such as ants.
These insects attract more spiders. Sweep the kitchen floor every night if
you can, to remove any crumbs etc
- Seal any cracks in the house. Carefully examine the house for tiny cracks
that spiders can slip through. Caulk the cracks to seal them and prevent
spiders from entering. Look closely at windows and doors to ensure they are
also adequately sealed
- Eliminate egg sacs. If you find a spider, search the area for egg sacs.
One spider can mean many more in just a few weeks time. Look for small,
whitish sacs that resemble cocoons. Remove them with a hoover if you find
- Natural repellents. Eucalyptus, mint oil and lemon scents repel spiders.
Apply oils to areas where you typically find them in your home
If you have other pests in the home besides spiders, Call your local Expert
Hardware store and talk to one of our Expert staff members.
ASK THE EXPERTS, WE KNOW!