How To Prevent Condensation
2nd November 2020
HOW TO PREVENT CONDENSATION
Condensation is most common from damp that can appear in your home and can
cause structural damage to your property such as wallpaper to peel away,
damp patches and build up of moisture which cause steaming windows.
If you leave condensation untreated it can lead to mould growth, which can
be potentially harmful and lead to serious health issue and breathing difficulties.
The reason condensation appears in your property is due to the lack of
ventilation which causes humidity levels to rise.
Fun Fact: Four people living in a 3-bedroom house would create 112 pints of
moisture a week just from breathing, cooking, showering and boiling a kettle!!
We have put together some helpful tips to help prevent condensation
building up in your home.
- Check that your vents in all rooms are not blocked up
- When cooking try to use an extractor fan. If you do not have an extractor fan leaving a window or a door open will also help reduce condensation
- Where possible dry clothes outdoors
- Wipe down any cold surfaces and moisture on the walls or tiles. This excess moisture in the air sits on the surface and will quickly turn to mould if left untreated
- Do not over fill wardrobes or kitchen cupboards. A lack of ventilation and air moisture trapped in warm overfilled cupboards can become breeding grounds for mould, as the air is not able to circulate freely inside.
Aero 360 Moisture Absorber can help reduce the moisture in your home and
are available in Expert Hardware stores nationwide. The Aero 360 Moisture
Absorber is the best quick solution for moisture control, as it absorbs the
excess moisture from the air.
For more information on condensation and mould call into your local store
Ask the Experts, We know!